History of the Animal Medical Center
In 1910, the New York Women's League for Animals began to raise the funds for a more permanent facility with better staff and equipment to treat more animals. The new facility opened in 1914 just down the street from the original clinic, and by 1920, the Animal Medical Center (AMC) was treating over 9000 patients annually. Over the next 80 years AMC continued to grow its reputation as a leader in veterinary care by utilizing the latest medical technology, offering more specialized services and programs, and performing cutting-edge procedures. Today, AMC is the largest non-profit animal hospital in the world, treating 54,000 patients a year. A leader in compassionate care, research, and education, AMC currently runs the most prestigious post-graduate training program in veterinary medicine. With more than 100 doctors across 20 specialties, AMC is poised to lead the way in veterinary care for the next 100 years!